“Janus Gate blends the classic feel of a top down shooter with the need for tactical thought. Players must traverse through 5 different zones and hold back hordes of clones who replicate the player’s previous movements and actions. Each clone will follow the player’s movements/actions from their previous run through of the zone. Each zone has multiple waves of clones that increase as the player progresses.”
Client: Unreal Development Kit
Date: Started - April 2013 Completed - July 2013
Janus Gate is on Facebook!
Leo's Work List
Main Role: Level Design, Writer, Documentation Master
- Full design of zone 3.
- Added side zones with hidden and tiered objects to all zones giving depth and life to the world outside each zone.
- Cleanup and texture tweaks/changes of all zones to better blend the zones and improve look and feel.
- Helped create and write story for Janus Gate.
- Helped with creation of initial dialog and encounter elements.
- Wrote game design document
- Edited and completed final pass through on most written documentations for turn-ins.
- Kept running notes for meetings and reviews during check-ins.
Minor Role: Programming
- Programmed initial prototype weapon and end staged rifle weapon
- Programmed projectile for rifle.
- Worked on initial stages and revamped version of placeable mine.
- Worked closely with Josh and Kurt to assist in much of the programming in various areas such as replication of clones, moving clones on damage and general coding.